Healing and sealing the gut for optimal health
Considering the explosion of interest in healthy living, why are we getting sicker and sicker?
Today’s Standard American Diet is hurting us. It is heavily processed, loaded with artificial flavors and colors and tainted by hormones, harmful chemicals and impurities. This contributes to the epidemic of chronic disease in the United States, including Alzheimer’s, autoimmunity, cancer, diabetes and heart disease—among many others.
The good news is that it doesn’t have to be that way—and we have the solution: The HealAndSeal™ Program and companion book, The Wildatarian Diet: Living as Nature Intended. Our program and book introduce several revolutionary concepts that are backed by science and supported by clinical outcomes from our bio-individual nutrition counseling practice.
From browsing social media and health news headlines, you’ve likely heard about a syndrome called leaky gut. Here’s how it works:
What we eat drink and think is one of the main interaction points between the outside world and our bodies. One of the main roles of our gut is to present a smart barrier – keeping out what’s harmful and allowing what’s helpful into the rest of the body. That is why it is said that the majority of our immune system resides in the gut. The food we eat has to be examined for pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and fungi and it has to be broken down into tiny molecules which are transported through our blood to feed and nurture every cell in our body. The thoughts we think can either support a healthy gut barrier or create an environment for undesired permeability. With a leaky gut, this barrier becomes damaged and permeable; allowing unwanted pathogens and undigested food to get into circulation. Think of it as a colander with tiny holes which just became bigger in size… Having a leaky gut sets us up for downstream problems such as autoimmunity, infections, and even cancer.
Our HealAndSeal program pinpoints the foods that are best suited for your unique body and your current state of health. It will also aid you in re-directing and calming your stress response to support better gut barrier function. Your body should be able to efficiently break these foods down, providing the nutrition all your cells and organs need. This also heals your digestive system while optimizing its ability to seal the barrier so it’s again able to keep out whats harmful to our bodies.
Introducing the HealAndSeal Program
Inspired by thousands of client success stories from our bio-individual counseling practice, this short-term program is the first step toward living as nature intended.
Getting to the Root of the Root
At Teri Cochrane — Beyond Nutrition, we work to get to the root of the root of your health needs—tracing your body’s response to the food you’re eating all the way back to what makes you unique: your genetics.
Chances are that you’ve heard sweeping generalizations like “kale is the king of vegetables” and “grains are the root of all evil.” But we know that there isn’t one health food for everyone. We’ll work together to dig into your own unique nutritional needs.
You will get started by taking an online quiz to learn your Wildatarian type (available when the program launches):
- W-type Wildatarian (basic),
- WF-type Wildatarian (low fat),
- WS-type Wildatarian (low sulfur), or
- WFS-type Wildatarian (low fat and low sulfur).
By following a diet corresponding to your unique type, you can improve your health, rebalance long-standing symptoms, recover from disease and discover the Tru of You™—so you can live a vibrant, joyful life.
The HealAndSeal program includes all the tools you need – guidance with instructions, tips, tricks and a membership in an online community where you can interact with other Wildatarians.
- An e-book specific to your Wildatarian type with all that you need to implement your program
- Food lists including those which can be eaten liberally and those that should be limited
- Suggested 7-day menus for each phase of your program
- Shopping lists for stocking your pantry
- Suggested cookware essentials
- Frequently Asked Questions to help you live a Wildatarian lifestyle
- Glossary of key terms
Tips and tricks:
- Meal planning
- Focus on food quality
- Reading food labels
- Climbing the stumbling blocks
- Managing potential symptoms during the detox period
Informative webinars addressing subjects such as:
- What does my Wildatarian type mean?
- What are the Big Three and why should I care?
- How do I cook and eat out on the Wildatarian program?
- How do I make the most of my unique bio-individual genetic blueprint?
- How do viruses, fungi and bacteria influence my state of health?
- Live Q&A session with Teri Cochrane to help you on your journey
- A daily food and mood journal for accountability
- A closed Facebook group for sharing with and learning from fellow Wildatarians