From, obesity, to autism, to depression and mental health, to autoimmune thyroiditis, there were two underlying themes that ran through the conference: You don’t have to be an expression of your genetic makeup and its all in the gut baby. I had privilege of personally meeting and speaking with DR. Gerard Mullin – GI expert, JJ Virgin,-Nutrition and fitness expert, Dr. Isabella Wentz, thyroid expert and Dr. Nancy O’Hara – Autism expert. What a fantastic conference!! There was so much deep information shared. I was proud to learn that the way we approach our practice and clients is completely in line with what these experts are suggesting.
Here are some takeaways:
- You are eating for 2 – yourself and the microbiome of 300 million bacteria and viruses that live in your gut
- Roundup in our food is affecting the gut biome creating IBS.
- Our impaired gut biome is making us fat
- 80% of today’s diseases are preventable
- Fibromyalgia is a central nervous system condition not a muscular condition – person is typically in fight or flight and is over enervated – this leaks the gut, causes further neurological disruption
- Root causes of Hashimotos – genetic predisposition which as a trigger due to leaky gut or exposure to an antigen or toxin
- 90% of serotonin is made in the gut. Heal the gut heal the brain