Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Workshop in Reston A led by my wonderful friend and colleague Karyn Sandelman sign up now spaces are limited
What is MBSR?
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a transformative 8-week course that
cultivates tools to manage stress more effectively, live life more fully, and improve
overall well-being. Set in a supportive environment, classes include guided instruction
in mindfulness practices, group discussions, and home assignments designed to help
participants integrate mindfulness into their lives.
MBSR has 35+ years of scientific evidence supporting wide-ranging benefits.
Why not join us and make a commitment to this life-enhancing program?
Fall 2016 Course Schedule and Location
• Orientation: Thursday, 9/22/16; 6:30 – 8:00 PM
• 8 Weekly Classes: Thursdays, 9/29/16 – 11/17/16; 6:30 – 9:00 PM
(Note: first and last class may go to 9:30 PM)
• All Day Retreat: Saturday, 10/29/16; 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
• Location: United Christian Parish, 11508 N. Shore Dr.,
Reston, VA ~ a lovely, comfortable place
To Register or for More Information…
• Tuition: $425, includes the full course and materials
• Early Registration: Register by 9/15/16 for reduced tuition of $390
• To Register or for Info: Contact [email protected] or call 703-606-1157
About the Teacher
Karyn Sandelman is the Lead Teacher and Principal of A Mindful Choice, LLC, which offers secular
mindfulness programs to diverse groups. She is also the Director of Elementary and Adult Programs for
Minds Incorporated, a non-profit organization bringing mindfulness to youth and adults in their lives in the
D.C. metro area. Karyn is a Qualified MBSR Teacher, trained by the University of Massachusetts Center for
Mindfulness, and a Certified Instructor for Mindful Schools. She has been practicing and studying
mindfulness for 20 years.